Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Final Revised. Im glad to finally be done with this project. It didn't turn out quite like I wanted and I became disillusioned with the original story arc quite early. And the overall subject matter was incredibly depressing to work with and took its toll on me personally. I will continue to tweak it so its more presentable by the time review committee rolls around but I'm glad to be moving on. Sometimes me reach exceeds its grasp. My next project will be much more light hearted with an aesthetic much less tied to the real world - the aesthetic I chose did not very well match the tools I was using and it became overly time consuming.

David Dupont's Demo Rell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKzwJGV-njo
Shows small clips of 3d computer animation demonstrating the artist skill as a character animator. He starts with clearly his best work, a very realistic monster and in the middle demonstrates more of a cartoon aesthetic. He ends it rather poorly with a rapid succession slide show of charcoal character sketches.
William Phillips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94QNZ5uiCQs&feature=related
William Phillips is definitely interested in computer/video game development. He focus on character models and environments with the maximum amount of detail with the minimum amount of geometry (polygons). Video game systems and home computers aren't render farms and need to generate images in realtime, interactive framerates of thirty frames per second or more.
Phil Chornohus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=VnOLEySbrJM
Mostly a solid demonstration of modeling skills. Not everyone is an animator and that is ok, there are plenty of positions for just creating and modeling characters. But a little bit of animation would go some lengths to making this a more compelling demo reel.

1 comment:

  1. All of these were pretty good but my favorite was the last one. His 3D Models are really interesting and well designed. I can't wait until I learn how to do 3d animation. Though I still like 2d animation better.

    ReplyDelete